ANZAC Biscuit

On Thursday 27th April, Mrs Agnew bought Anzac biscuits so we could try them and gave them to our whole class  because we were going to write about them. When Mrs Agnew gave all of us a biscuit, we wrote what it looked like, and I thought mine looked like the humps on the road! It smelled like oats in our cereal and coconut. It felt as hard as concrete, but smooth on the bottom like a chair. It tasted like coconut and oat milk. I put it on my forehead and tried to eat it and then the tiny tiny dust went inside my eye like someone had stabbed a pencil into my eye. During World War I in 1915 the women baked biscuits for the men who were fighting in the war and the ingredients were butter, flour, golden syrup, Baking soda and sometimes coconut. These ingredients  could last for 4 months all the way up to the men far away. The cookies were so delicious that I almost passed out that they were the best biscuits I have ever tried. I am so happy we got to eat them and learn more about why they are important to us.